Return to Top


Healing Starts Here


If you are in danger or need immediate assistance, please call 911 or local emergency services

If you are an adult and were a victim of child sexual abuse, you can report it.
Call your local law enforcement agency to file a report.

I was sexually abused as a child

The effects of childhood trauma, such as sexual abuse, can manifest itself into other types of behaviors in adulthood. We may struggle through life, finding ways to numb the "pain". from the abuse, through alcohol, drugs, outrageous behaviors, defiance, or jumping from one relationship to another. Sometimes trauma can divulge itself as ADHD, anxiety, or depression. In some cases, however, the effects of trauma can manifest months and even years after the event, so in actuality, it can be difficult to recognize the symptoms. Often people feel they are weak for needing help, especially when they compare themselves to others who may have endured the same traumatic experience.  Click on the buttons to the right to find resources that can help you.

Learn More