Return to Top


Healing Starts Here

Our Mission

Empower sexually, physically abused, neglected individuals, children, and non-offending family members. Our goal is to aid them in healing from trauma and help them receive justice.

We Strive to:

  • Respect Victims
  • Reduce Trauma
  • Lower Chances of Re-victimization
  • Improve Victim's lives

Our Team

Our History

Telling a story several times trips to hospitals and police departments, surrounded by strangers; this is what a child victim faced after disclosing abuse or sexual assault. That is until the Navajo County Family Advocacy Center opened its doors in May of 2011.  

The Navajo County Attorney, Brad Carlyon, initiated the FAC so that abused children would not face such a reality. He created a multidisciplinary partnership between law enforcement, the Department of Child Safety, prosecutors, victim advocates, medical providers, counselors, and the court system. To work together, investigate and prosecute child abuse cases, help children recover from the abuse, and work with the community to report and prevent child abuse.  

Since May of 2011, the FAC has provided services to over 1700 victims. The prosecution rate of abusers has increased significantly for cases utilizing the center. While the primary area of services is Navajo County, services are also available to Apache County. Over 70% of cases investigated at the FAC are crimes involving children. Adult victims of crime account for the other 30%.

Navajo County Family Advocacy Center offers immediate crisis intervention, on-site medical attention, and one-time video interviews to avoid re-traumatization of victims. Working together in a Multidisciplinary Team, we accomplish in hours what ordinarily takes several weeks.

Professionals located at Navajo County Family Advocacy Center assist with accessing other community resources for emergency food, clothing, and housing.

Learn More